- Address: Pavilion Road, West Bridgford
- Country: United Kingdom
- Capacity: 30,000
- Opened: 3 September 1898
- Main use: Football
- Tenants: Nottingham Forest (football)
Extra stadium info – The City Ground
The City Ground is located close to the home of Notts County, the oldest professional football club in the world. The stadium was one of the 1996 UEFA European Football Championship venues. Croatia, the Portuguese Republic and Türkiye played at the venue during the tournament. The stadium’s record attendance was set in 1967, when 49,000 people showed up for a match between Nottingham Forest and Manchester United. Nottingham Forest Football Club was founded in 1865. They moved to The City Ground in 1898.
In 1898, Nottingham Forest FC won their first FA Cup title. They won the cup tournament after beating Derby County FC, also known as The Rams. NFFC reached the final after beating Southampton FC and Derby County reached the final after defeating Everton FC. Forest won their second FA Cup title in 1959 after defeating Luton Town 2-1 in London. In 1978, Nottingham Forest were crowned English football champions for the first time in their history.
Nottingham Forest won the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1979 for the first time in their history after beating Malmö FF from Sweden. They drew an average attendance of 29,000 in 21 home games in that domestic league season. NFFC reached the final after defeating Austria Wien and Malmö FF reached the final after beating 1. FC Köln. In 1980, Nottingham Forest won the European championship for football clubs for the second time in their history after defeating the German side HSV. Forest became the first football club with more European championship titles than domestic league titles after winning against HSV. The same year, they played their first-ever decisive world championship match. Forest lost the game against Club Nacional de Football from Uruguay.